Ways to charm your date
Reveal a topic that fascinates you is a surefire way to attract the attention of your date.
You know it happened to you: You’re coming home from a first appointment, so happy a little uncertain about how it happened. Then you stop short and suck in a breath, the realization that you forgot to mention some interesting achievements or anecdote that would have been perfect. Uh-oh, now you’re afraid you did not say anything interesting. And you’re an interesting person!
Now, we’re not talking about bragging about your trophies hockey high school or chat endlessly to have “found yourself in Paris. But there are some things you can mention that you can impress your date, without no doubt, and add some heft to speak first update occasional small. Here are five topics and how to raise them with art.
1. Anything you’re passionate. Maybe it’s your love of art and culture. Or history. Or observation of tropical birds. Everything, in fact, with the exception of celebrities and what’s on television. Want to show that you do things in your free time you add as a person, not just sit on the couch with the magazine Us Weekly. And even if you and your date are both super celebrity gossip, it is hardly a trait unique to build a relationship on. Set these dates early to get to know the facts on the other, more precisely, the passions that make each of you tick and distinguish you from the simple folk of others out there.
Sample segue: “I liked The Book of Eli because he is talking about the Bible, which is not true of most popular films, I am one who likes going into a literary discussion of the Bible – how about you ”
2. Engineering your home. It is universally impressive to keep a house style, and it is doubly impressive when you’re a great cook. “Cooking is one of my passions,” says James Humphrey, director of public relations in New York. “I can go on for hours talking about how much I hate Emeril, Lidia Bastianich, but thought that the bomb is” If you know how to make a good meal, it is certainly worth mentioning on the first date – a little private party dinner at home may well be in your future. Even mentioning how much you enjoy doing crafty birthday gifts for friends or parties fondue can be a bit more about your talents nesting.
Sample segue: “How is this chicken stew you ordered?” I had this amazing recipe last summer that I have customized by … ”
3. Your family values. It can be a big plus to let your date know that your family is important to you, but they are not in your life. Share a story that describes your family in the context (“We’ve always played tricks on birthdays, I was a bit of a leader …»), but do not go into everything that makes you sound bitter (“The man also known as my father”) or attached at the hip (“Oh, this sweater? My mom made me try on everyone in the store!”).
Sample segue: “My parents and I could not be more different – except when it comes …”
4. community service. If you are active in community organizations that help people in any way, this is certainly something to contribute on a first date. Of course, boast lots of money to charities … Well, it’s just show. But just mention that you volunteer – such as delivery of meals to homebound people, or even organize events for a local professional organization – reflects a sense of humanity that is an argument Sales indisputable.
Sample segue: “This neighborhood is really changing – I used to go there sometimes for [insert name of charity] and it was on the dangerous side, but now it really is better!”
5. Your ability to laugh at yourself. This is less to say one thing in particular and over with a playful tone. “Everybody has faults, and can make fun of them is charming,” said Humphrey. “It’s always a pleasure to give a funny story about something you did to get you in trouble – I like Eva Longoria up at a TV event and taking it to someone else. “Your embarrassing moment did not involve a celebrity, of course, it should just be something that shows you are a man with flaws and you can recognize these faults without falling apart.
Sample segue: “I love my job and, fortunately, I work with great people. They did not even make fun of me too while I …” Chances are, you will find your date of self-deprecating charm.