Lindsay Lohan will be charged with grand theft
Prosecutors say the troubled star will be charged with felony grand theft for a $2,500 necklace.
Prosecutors said Tuesday they plan to charge Lindsay Lohan with a crime of theft of a large necklace $ 2,500 were stolen from a jewelry store last month – the highest number of serious actress faced more than three years of conflict with the law.
District Attorney spokeswoman Jane Robison says the charges will be filed Wednesday. Lohan, 24, is due in court for an appearance Wednesday afternoon.
The Los Angeles Police Department said Feb. 2 that Lohan was under investigation for taking a necklace from a store in Venice, later identified as Kamofie and Co. Detectives obtained a search warrant to try to retrieve the item from the house Lindsay Lohan, but it was delivered to the police station before any search was conducted.
Police said they had no update on the case Tuesday and did not say whether the actress had made arrangements to turn in the yard or at a police station.
A telephone message to Lohan’s lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, was not immediately returned. Holley has already denied any wrongdoing by Lohan.
“We vehemently deny these allegations and, if charges are filed, we will fight in court, not in the press,” Holley said in a statement released Saturday.
The new case represents the most serious charges “Mean Girls” star has ever faced. Arrested twice in 2007, Lohan was charged with impaired driving and drug possession, but the two were misdemeanors.
Lohan is still on probation for impaired driving. A judge had threatened to throw her in jail if she encountered trouble again.
Prosecutors in Riverside County were to determine whether charges against Lohan for an altercation with a worker in December from the Betty Ford Center, where she was treated.